The Cascadian ICS-S5 Multimicron Sediment Filter System
Download and Print Specifications
The Cascadian® ICS-S5 Multimicron Sediment Filter System removes sediment and particles to clarify your water and protect downstream water treatment systems, appliances, and processes. This ICS-S5 has a very high sediment holding capacity and is an excellent choice for a prefilter to ultraviolet disinfection systems.
ICS-S5 sediment filter system details
- Cleaner clearer water with sediment and particles down to 5 micron removed
- Long lasting true depth filter technology
- Resistant to bacteria, will not rot or decay causing foul odors, bad taste and potentially harmful conditions
- Small size
- 20 times smaller than typical backwashing filter systems
- Does not take up valuable floor space – system hangs on the wall
- No power required
- Produces no waste water
- No backwash or regeneration cycles
- Save 10,000± gallons of wastewater per year
- Simple annual maintenance
- Annual filter change
- Includes drain on filter housing for clean no spill easy filter changes
Other Products to consider:
To add treatment for hardness, iron and more consider the ICS-SP.
To add treatment for hardness, iron, taste & odor (including chlorine) and more consider the ICS-STP. The ICS-STP is a compact double filter system and adds a high capacity taste & odor filter to the ICS-SP.
How it works – See “HOW IT WORKS” Tab
Warning in the State of California; WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
ICS-S5 Cascadian Sediment / Particle Filter Water Treatment System
Dimensions: 29″ x 7.5″ x 8″ (Height x Width x Depth)
Connection Diameter: 1”
System Drain: 1/2″
Max. Filter Life: 12 Months
Best Treatment Flow: NA
Max. Flow: 15 gpm
Min. Pressure: 25 psi
Max. Pressure: 120 psi
Min. Temperature: 39° F
Max. Temperature: 113° F
Number of Filters: 1
Weight: 13 pounds dry
Includes Filter Housing Drain
Raw Water Parameters / Conditions for Operation
Bacteria: None Allowed
Colloidal Iron: NA
Hydrocarbons, oils, or lubricants: None Allowed
Hydrogen Sulfide: None Allowed (use ICS-H to remove)
Iron & Manganese (Clear Only): NA
Iron & Manganese (Colored): <3 ppm
Iron Bacteria: None Allowed
Organic Iron: None Allowed
Sediment: >5 micron
Tannin / Organics: None Allowed
Turbidity: Less than 1 NTU
Notes for all ICS systems:
- DO NOT INSTALL ON WATER THAT IS MICROBIOLOGICALLY UNSAFE
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “NA” the systems will not affect and is not affected by concentrations of that parameter typically found in drinking water
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “None Allowed” Remove through adequate pre-treatment
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “Not for extreme levels” The cartridge useful life may be shortened and require more frequent replacement.
- Extreme levels of any parameter may shorten useful cartridge life
- Stated “Max Capacity” may be reduced by overall raw water chemistry
Complete water treatment with the ICS-S5 is a simple single-step process.
Water passes through a high capacity, high efficiency multimicron sediment filter to reduce visible sediment and particles. This filter a specially designed high sediment holding capacity for long life with lower pressure drop and is not susceptible to microbiological growth.
How to change your filter
How to change your filter cartridge
How to find your system model number
“I can tell you when I do my water sample and I get my suggested things they will almost always go to the ICS series…they’re easy to put in…they like them, the plumbers do, they really do.”
~ Pam – Wholesale Distributor, Sequim, WA.
“In all honesty my customers love it, that’s why they keep coming back and getting more and why they keep recommending it to their new customers. If I could just deal with this kind of stuff all day it’d be great days.”
~ Charles – Wholesale Distributor, Port Orchard, WA.
“I will continue to recommend Cascadian to anyone, they stand behind their product.”
~ Stephanie Wall – An ICS User, Entiat, WA.
“I have used a lot of filtration company’s products over the last 15 years, some were terrible, some were not so bad however; none of them have as complete of a package of products like Cascadian Water does. They can recommend EXACTLY what it will take to fix the customer’s water problems right from the start, not just throwing equipment at the problem till it is satisfactory. No matter what water I come up against I know (Cascadian Water) has a solution for it. Example ‐ SuperTrap‐UF, nobody else has anything even close to what it can do for that price range, I hope to sell many more of them.”
~ Brady Denlinger ‐ Excel Plumbing, Ellensburg, WA.
“Even with a comprehensive salt water softener and filter system I often got complaints from my renters regarding the well water for my rental property. There was staining, hardness and build-up as well as complaints about sediments on and off. Since we installed the CASCADIAN WATER FILTERS everyone is happy with the water quality and I finally don’t have complaints anymore. This is a huge stress reduction for me and as a health practitioner I feel good about providing healthier water.” “Thanks for your product, it made a big difference!”
~ Anni Rychtera – An ICS User, Vernon B.C., Canada