Shop All Products
All orders over $200 ship for free!
Ultraviolet Light Disinfection System | 15-30 gpm
Item Number: LB5-151
Luminor Blackcomb Series
See More Like This
Have you tried our NEW Filter Finder?
In a few seconds, it will tell you exactly which water system is right for you!
CONTROL YOUR OWN WATER QUALITY!
The Luminor Blackcomb UV LB5-151: If you are unsure of the microbiological quality of your source water or if you are looking for additional security from your municipal water source, then Cascadian has the solution in the Luminor BLACKCOMB series of residential UV systems.
UV technology is proven to control microbiological (bacteria & virus) issues in water including E.coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia lamblia.
BLACKCOMB provides the ultimate in UV protection for your home with the inclusion of a true 254nm Teflon® based UV sensor that continuously monitors the performance of the UV system and displaying the output via a color screen. In addition to UV output, diagnostics, system status, warnings, even QR codes are included. With the integral expandability port, the addition of a 4-20mA output or a solenoid valve is a simple plug-and-play option!
- Product Features
- Free floating (no cable twist), keyed-in-place, 254nm Teflon® based UV sensor continuously measures and displays UV output (as a %) (std. on LB6, optional on LB5)
- Color screen controller with Lightlock™ for protected lamp replacement, includes QR codes, full diagnostics & warnings
- “Future-proof” expandability port for future upgrades and options
- Axial flow, 304 stainless steel polished reactors, designed & manufactured to ASME pressure vessel standards
- User friendly bayonet style lamp connector (quick ¼ turn removal with no extra tools needed)
- Reliable, industry proven, proprietary low pressure coated UV lamps with ceramic bases for durability and long life (9,000 hours)
- Constant current electronic controller (one controller for all LP units) in a splash proof case, fully potted ballast virtually eliminates common water damage issue
- Full customization available as an option (language, home screen, phone number, QR codes, etc.)
LB5-151 Ultraviolet Disinfection System
Water Quality Parameters
UV disinfection is extremely effective against microorganisms but only if the UV light can pass through the water it needs to treat. This means that the quality of your water is very important in order to ensure complete disinfection.
Treated water should be tested for at the least the parameters listed below. If the water exceeds the listed parameters LUMINOR strongly recommends that appropriate pretreatment equipment be installed (equipment required will depend on parameters being treated):
Hardness: <7 gpg (120 mg/L) – if hardness level is 7 gpg or slightly below the quartz sleeve must be cleaned periodically in order to ensure efficient UV penetration; if above the water must be softened. Any Cascadian ICS system with a PolyHalt® salt free softener meets this softening requirement.
Iron (Fe): <0.3 ppm (0.3 mg/L)
Manganese (Mn): <0.05 ppm (0.05 mg/L)
Turbidity: < 1 NTU
Tannins (organics): <0.1 ppm (0.1 mg/L)
UVT (transmittance): >85% (Please contact LUMINOR if water has a UVT that is less than 80% for pre-treatment recommendations)
You can have your water tested at a private analytical laboratory or by your local dealer.
The minimum pre-treatment that is recommended is the installation of a 5 micron pre-filter in front of the UV system. Any Cascadian ICS system with a sediment filter meets this filtration need requirement.
Ultraviolet Light Disinfection System | 6-11 gpm$609.00 Compare
Item Number: LB5-061
Ultraviolet Light Disinfection System | 10-20 gpm$864.60 Compare
Item Number: LB5-101
Ultraviolet Light Disinfection System | 20-39 gpm$1,115.40 Compare
Item Number: LB5-201
Ultraviolet Lamp for Luminor Blackcomb LB5-151 | 15-30 gpm$155.10 Compare
Item Number: RL-999
Sleeve for Luminor Blackcomb LB5-151 | 15-30 gpm$130.35 Compare
Item Number: RQ-999
Lamp O-Ring for Luminor UV Systems$1.85 Compare
Item Number: 310038
Sleeve Spring for Luminor UV Systems | 310039$7.75 Compare
Item Number: 310039
Gland Nut for Luminor UV Systems$8.10 Compare
Item Number: 320006