Replacement filter kit for the ICS-P PolyHalt® Water Softener
ICS-P Benefits Include:
- Salt free water treatment
- Save 30 bags of salt per year
- Eco-friendly treatment
- Save 10,000 gallons of waste water per year
- Small size
- 20 times smaller than typical salt softener
- Does not take up valuable floor space – system hangs on the wall
- Simple annual maintenance
- PolyHalt® soft water;
- Easier cleaning and maintaining of home or business
- Brighter, whiter, softer laundry
- Soaps, shampoos, conditioners etc. will work better and you will use less
- No slippery or slimy feeling
- Low annual maintenance
- Not subject to any regulations banning or restricting salt softeners
- POE – Point of Entry treatment for whole home or business
- Hard water problems
- Corrosive, Low pH and aggressive waters
- Silica problems
- Appliance protection
Other Products to consider:
- The ICS-SP adds sediment filtration
- The ICS-TP adds taste and odor filtration
- The ICS-STP combines both the ICS-SP and ICS-TP for our best all around treatment
ICS-PK PolyHalt Saltless Water Softener Filter Replacement Kit
Dimensions: 4.5″ x 20″
Max. Capacity: 12 months
Max. Flow: 15 gpm
Max. Pressure: 90 psi
Min. Temperature: 40° F
Max. Temperature: 100° F
Number of Filters: 1
- This filter replaces older part numbers ICS-P06 and ICS-P12
- If you have a ICS-P06 or ICS-P12 use replacement cartridge kit – ICS-PK. For future reference please note changes on your filter system
General PolyHalt® Notes;
- Just like salt based softeners, there will be spots but any spots will be easier to clean.
- Water will not feel slippery or slimy with PolyHalt® a softener like it does with a traditional salt softener
- Hardness test results will be equal pre & post treatment. PolyHalt® makes hardness harmless without removal.
- Water could be worse after install while plumbing is being cleaned. May need to clean aerators, showerheads etc.
Click / Press Here to View Installation Instructions
Raw Water Parameters / Conditions for Operation
Hardness: Max 25 grains (427 parts per million)
Hydrocarbons: None Allowed
Hydrogen Sulfide: None Allowed (use ICS-H to remove)
Iron & Manganese (Clear Only): Less than 6 parts per million combined
Iron Bacteria: None Allowed (use ICS-IB to remove)
pH: Between 6.0 and 8.5
Sediment: Not Applicable
Silica: Less than 100 parts per million
Tannin: None Allowed
Turbidity: Less than 1 NTU
Notes for all ICS systems:
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “N/A” the systems will not affect and is not affected by concentrations of that parameter typically found in drinking water
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “None Allowed” Remove through adequate pre-treatment
- If Raw Water Parameter Condition for Operation = “Not for extreme levels” The cartridge useful life may be shortened and require more frequent replacement.
- Extreme levels of any parameter may shorten useful cartridge life
- Stated “Max Capacity” may be reduced by overall raw water chemistry
ICS-P filters treat water using PolyHalt®. PolyHalt® filters are designed to sequester metals dissolved in the water and protect plumbing, fixtures and appliances from damages caused by corrosive or low pH water.
Without using salt, power or producing waste water PolyHalt® treated water, in many ways, behaves as though the metals are not present at all. Your PolyHalt® treated water will not stain, soap scum will not form on tubs, showers and sinks and water spots will easily clean up. PolyHalt® will also prevent blue/green staining caused by copper and etching and pitting caused by silica.
For assistance with your treatment system please contact us and we will be happy to help. Maximum service life is 1 year and may be less depending on your water quality and the volume of water treated.
“I’ve never gotten one back, I’ve never had a complaint. When they go to install one, I say now, if you have a salt system you probably won’t be happy just because the waters not going to be that slimy feeling, if you’re used to one thing it’s not going to be that way.”
~ Kelsey – Wholesale Distributor, Walla Walla, WA.
“I can tell you when I do my water sample and I get my suggested things they will almost always go to the ICS series…they’re easy to put in…they like them, the plumbers do, they really do.”
~ Pam – Wholesale Distributor, Sequim, WA.
“In all honesty my customers love it, that’s why they keep coming back and getting more and why they keep recommending it to their new customers. If I could just deal with this kind of stuff all day it’d be great days.”
~ Charles – Wholesale Distributor, Port Orchard, WA.
“Great assistance from the company and very glad to see these products available. It seems expensive (and it is) but the fact that we don’t have to buy and hassle with salt and we don’t have to change them every couple months justifies the cost. The performance of these filters far exceed the previous salt filters I once used. We had this filtering system going on 2 years now and not one problem. A little piece mind goes a long way when you are a new homeowner.”
~ Vanessa Will
“My ICS product is great, it's very effective fixing my hardness problems. My water tastes great too. The system is small, salt-less and doesn't require a drain.”
~ Richard Dievendorff – An ICS User, Oak Harbor, WA.
“I will continue to recommend Cascadian to anyone, they stand behind their product.”
~ Stephanie Wall – An ICS User, Entiat, WA.
“After using a salt-based water softener for over 30 years, I prefer the Cascadian system because it does not leave a slimy feel after showering, improves the taste of the water, and I no longer have to haul heavy bags of salt. The product does all that, and takes about 1/4 of the space, and half the cost of the Culligan System that it replaced“.
~ Suzette Thompson – An ICS User, Richland, WA.
“I was having problems with iron and manganese staining…The folks at Ace Hardware recommended a plumber who told me about the ICS treatment systems. I really think the ICS is the best technology available. I really like that the treatment is salt-less, doesn't require a drain and is low maintenance. My ICS system removes a great volume of iron. I love the fact the product is American Made. I give this product a rating of 10, I recommend the ICS product.”
~ Kenneth Cadwallader – An ICS User, Ellensburg, WA.
“After doing some research I began installing your product line and got very good responses. I have been installing NuvoH2O for years and no longer do so, your system does so much more than just removing hard water.
I bought a home this summer and installed one of your cartridge style systems in it. My wife has very long hair that drops below her waistline and has always used tons of conditioner. I told her she should not need to use as much now. She didn't cut back until she was almost ran out of it and to her surprise found she cut it back by at least 70 percent the same held true for other soaps in the kitchen and laundry room .
What I noticed the most was no more bad tasting water, we don't buy bottled water anymore .
I had a doctor client who had bad hard water problems, I recommended a Cascadian system to him and he wanted it, when I went back a couple days later to install it he put the brakes on the job till I could explain how it worked. He didn't want to drink anything that might be harmful to him or his wife. I explained how the phosphate sequesters the hard water and passes through the system, he thought about it for a few minutes and told me to go ahead that phosphate posed no problems at all.
A week after installing it he called me and said he was very pleased with his new system. The day after it was installed he cleaned all the hard water deposit off of his coffee pot, normally it would be back after its first use. He hasn't seen any yet and thanked me for telling him about it.
I would recommend your line to everyone. Thank you for providing great systems at a very good and competitive pricing. PS – Thank you and your company for answering all my questions and those of my clients who called you direct at your company.”
~ Keith McClure – Evans Plumbing, Sun Valley, ID
“I have used a lot of filtration company’s products over the last 15 years, some were terrible, some were not so bad however; none of them have as complete of a package of products like Cascadian Water does. They can recommend EXACTLY what it will take to fix the customer’s water problems right from the start, not just throwing equipment at the problem till it is satisfactory. No matter what water I come up against I know (Cascadian Water) has a solution for it. Example ‐ SuperTrap‐UF, nobody else has anything even close to what it can do for that price range, I hope to sell many more of them.”
~ Brady Denlinger ‐ Excel Plumbing, Ellensburg, WA.
“…the water system you installed for us is working very well…Our water is very clear and soft, tastes good and the dishes and clothes are clean and white."
~ Pat and Aileen – An ICS User
~ Alan Hanna – Safe Water Technologies West, Spokane, WA.
“Even with a comprehensive salt water softener and filter system I often got complaints from my renters regarding the well water for my rental property. There was staining, hardness and build-up as well as complaints about sediments on and off. Since we installed the CASCADIAN WATER FILTERS everyone is happy with the water quality and I finally don’t have complaints anymore. This is a huge stress reduction for me and as a health practitioner I feel good about providing healthier water.”
“Thanks for your product, it made a big difference!”
~ Anni Rychtera – An ICS User, Vernon B.C., Canada