How do I do the soap test to find if my saltless water softener is still working?
You can do this simple test to determine if there is still adequate PolyHalt® in your water treatment system. The soap test compares the amount of soap suds that form in the untreated water to the treated water.
To perform the soap test:
- Get two clean water bottles with lids (about 20 oz each).
- Fill one of the bottles half-full with untreated water and the other bottle half-full with PolyHalt® treated water.
- Add one small drop of liquid dish soap to each bottle and cap tightly.
- Vigorously shake both bottles then set side-by-side to compare the amount of soap suds.
- If the treated water forms much denser suds and fills or nearly fills the bottle with suds, your PolyHalt® cartridge system is working. Yay!
- If the two bottles have nearly the same amount of suds, it is time to replace your PolyHalt® system cartridge(s).