Why Do I Need To Test My Water?
Testing to find the right water treatment system.
Thinking about getting a new water treatment system or improving an existing treatment system?
Did you know:
- There are 100’s if not 1,000’s of possible problems and combinations of problems in drinking water?
- There is no single water treatment system that treats everything that could be wrong?
- Every water treatment system has it’s “enemies“, those things in or about the water that will prevent it from working or cause it to quit working after a short time?
When choosing a water treatment system for your home or business it is important to know what needs to be fixed, what’s causing your problems AND what else might be in the water. It’s the what else is in the water that often causes treatment to fail and consumers to blame the treatment. Sure, treatment fails because it is poorly designed or the wrong treatment for the problems or the wrong size for the job and for other reasons. Treatment also fails because there are enemies to the treatment in the water that weren’t known or couldn’t be found when choosing treatment. One of the reasons we test water is to identify enemies that may exist prior to choosing treatment.
The right water treatment systems, the ones that work best, are the ones designed to fix the things that are wrong in the water and at while treating not being forced to fight enemies.
What do we test for?
- ORP(Oxidation/Reduction Potential)
- Manganese and
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
Please Note: We do not test for anything health related such as bacteria, virus, lead, arsenic and so on. For these a test by a certified lab is required.
What’s the best way to get the right treatment and have it perform to it’s fullest?
If you said “get my water tested and choose the right equipment from a reputable manufacturer” you are right.
Does every water need to be tested prior to choosing treatment?
The short answer is no. The long answer is it depends and a great deal depends upon where your water comes from. Water that comes from a city or other regulated source has a much narrower set of potential enemies than water that comes from a private well. As a rule we recommend testing whenever your water comes from a private well and when treatment doesn’t seem to be performing as expected when the water comes from a city or other regulated source.
Where does your water come from?
If your water comes from a city or other regulated source you may not need to test your water because the water is required to meet federal regulations which limits the problems your water may have. If you get a water bill your water likely falls into this category.
If your water comes from a private unregulated well it is very important you have your water tested to determine what problems need to be fixed and some of the major treatment enemies. If you get your water from a private well please purchase a WSK and allow us to test your water. We want to test your water even if you’ve had your water tested by a laboratory because we test for things typically not tested for by labs because we’re looking for enemies. If you have lab test results please include the results along with your water sample.
We feel testing your water is so important to successful treatment we will test your water for free!
FREE Water Test Details:
- Purchase WSK, fill the bottle with your water, complete included information form and return to us via mail or UPS.
- We will test the water, provide test results and make a recommendation to purchase the treatment to provide the best results possible. With your test results we will include a coupon equal to the WSK purchase price. Apply coupon at checkout when purchasing your system on the cascadianwater.com website.
Three Easy Steps to fixing and ENJOYING your water:
1 – Know what needs to get fixed.
2 – Purchase your recommended custom treatment.
3 – Install the treatment. Contact your local plumber or install your new treatment yourself.
That’s all there is to it – Enjoy Your Water!